Plumber and Steamfitter I – Facilities
- Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
- Job category: Plumber
- Post date:15 Dec 2016
- Share job:
Plumber and Steamfitter I – Facilities
University of Massachusetts Lowell
UMass Lowell Office of Facilities is currently seeking a Plumber and Steamfitter. It is anticipated that this position will be for Second Shift, Monday through Friday. Based on operational needs, other shifts may be considered.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Repair/replace corroded and cracked drain, waste, and vent piping.
• Repair/replace leaks on water distribution piping, pumps, waste systems, bath and kitchen faucets, fixtures, and drains.
• Soldering, welding, crimping of water and related heat distribution piping.
• Operating power tools, soldering and welding equipment, drain cleaning machines, threading equipment, hand tools, and plumbing equipment.
• Laying out, cutting, and fitting material for soldering, crimping, or welding; repairing valves and pumps; install gas related equipment, pipe, and fittings; cutting and threading pipes; caulking and packing lead joints, installing or replacing all trade related pipe and fittings; replacing seals in water closets; maintain water filter systems; assist with maintenance of neutralization systems; insulating pipes, installing heat tracing wires for piping.
• Notes hazardous conditions and establishes work priorities based on safety requirements and the operational needs of the facility.
• Schedule installations, maintenance, and/or repair work by conferring with supervisors and other department personnel to determine location of equipment and appropriate time to complete the project.
• Communicates and interacts with the State Plumbing Inspector, processes permit applications, complies with Mass State Plumbing Code.
• Perform related duties such as erecting scaffolding, riggings, and/or ladders; laying out drop cloths; shop cleaning; shop repair work; job related paperwork; fabricating miscellaneous metal products; sharpening and repairing various tools; cleaning and maintaining a service vehicle; cleaning tools and equipment; cleaning work spaces after job completion. Reviews technical data to keep current of developments in the plumbing field.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience installing, servicing, or inspecting plumbing systems, gas distribution systems, and boiler components
• Possess a current and valid driver’s license
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to be on essential personnel list for facility related emergencies and University closings due to weather
• Massachusetts Journeyman or Master Plumbing License
• Plumbers are exposed to the hazards of sanitary waste systems; climb and work from ladders and scaffolds; work in confined spaces; drive for job related travel; may work varied hours, exposed to the elements and unconditioned spaces.
• 5 years’ experience as a Massachusetts licensed plumber
• Ability to operate air and hydraulic lifts
• Similar institution experience
• A general knowledge of steam and HVAC systems
• Ability to diagnose boiler controls such as gas valves, relays, aquastats, pressuretrols, power burners, etc.
• Ability to use electrical testing meters
January 2017 rate – Grade 18, Step 1 $23.71/hour to Step 14, $33.57/hour
Review of applications will begin December 27, 2016, and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uml.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55268
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit: jobs.uml.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55268
- No Tags
1082 total views, 2 today