Facilities Technician Senior HVAC, Plumbing
- Savannah, Georgia, United States
- 40,000 - 60,000
- Job category: Maintenance Technician
- Post date:2 Dec 2020
- Share job:
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Hourly
POSITION: Full-Time [40 hours/week]
REPORTS TO: Director, Facilities
PAY GRADE/RANGE: Range Minimum $18.00 (Annual: $37,440) / Max $ 21.16 (Annual: $44,012.80)
Pension Plan: Teachers Retirement System (TRS) of Georgia
Medical Coverage: State Health Benefit Plan (SHBP)
Supplemental Insurance: Dental; Vision; Flexible Spending Account 125 Plans (Medical and Dependent); Short and Long Term Disability; Voluntary Life, Accident and Critical Illness coverages
Group Life Coverage: 1X Annual Salary
Paid Time Off: Holiday; Vacation; Sick
Under general supervision of the Director, Facilities and/or Supervisor, Facilities the Facilities Technician Senior (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Plumbing) is responsible for performing skilled level HVAC and/or plumbing work in the installation, repair, inspection, and maintenance of library equipment and fixtures in accordance with standards of the trade. Maintains heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and accessories, air handlers and duct systems, air filtration units, humidifiers, water systems and components, waste/rain water drains, ice machines, refrigerators, freezers, drinking fountains, electrical/pneumatic control systems, and various other items. Provide general maintenance work, general cleaning, plumbing work, painting, flooring repair, and general upkeep as needed. Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Performs skilled level HVAC and/or Plumbing work in the installation, repair, inspection, and maintenance of library equipment and fixtures in accordance with standards practice of the trade.
● Uses technical abilities to maintain systems. Maintains heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and accessories, air handlers and duct systems, air filtration units, humidifiers, water systems and components, waste/rain water drains, ice machines, refrigerators, freezers, drinking fountains, electrical/pneumatic control systems, and various other items.
● Assists with on-site preventative maintenance, routine repair and/or calibration.
● Communicates with facilities management about any work that requires outside expert assistance.
● Works in a safe manner on a daily basis and ensures that all safety measures are taken at all times.
● Receives and responds to reports of mechanical or maintenance issues.
● Documents information on preventative maintenance file on equipment and monitors a preventative maintenance program.
● Works with tools and supplies necessary to complete projects.
● Adheres to all safety guidelines.
● Uses and cares for hand tools and equipment necessary to perform various electrical repairs and tasks.
● Performs business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
● Works in a team-based environment to share information and workload while ensuring customer satisfaction.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● High school diploma/GED.
● HVAC Trade school graduate strongly preferred
● 1+ years experience in a mechanical support role
● A minimum of 5-7 years of HVAC is required as a service and installation technician or HVAC technician.
● HVAC certification preferred. EPA Certification- Type I & Type II or Universal Preferred. Ability to earn future designations as required by Industry standards, EPA regulations, etc.
● Must be familiar with chilled and hot water systems and commercial systems.
● Strong plumbing background also preferred.
● Flexibility to work overtime, on-call and weekends as required.
● Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Ability to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
● Must be dependable.
● Strong organizational, time management and follow-up skills.
● Eye for detail.
● Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends as assigned.
● Skilled in the use of hand tools as well as common tools (e.g., hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches).
● Must possess solid knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc. information as required by daily operations.
● Must be able to use all types of hand and power tools, freon recovery machinery, air conditioning gauges and vacuum pumps.
● Must be proficient in heating and air-conditioning, plumbing, appliance repair, and many other areas of repair.
● Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair equipment, and fixtures.
● Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
● Self-motivated to complete assigned tasks within time constraints.
● Driven to succeed and able to work with minimum supervision.
● Ability to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check process.
● Must be able to distinguish between the full range of colors in the color spectrum to work with electrical wires.
● Ability to use graphic instructions such as blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts, or other visual aids; measure distances with a tape measure or other measuring devices;
● Ability to make precise arm-hand positioning movement; lift arms above shoulder level to work in ceiling areas, on light fixtures, or other objects.
● Ability to work in small, cramped areas such as ceiling crawl spaces, equipment enclosures, closets, etc.
● Ability to climb ladders or steps to reach work area; work at heights greater than ten feet.
● Ability to remain in a standing position for extended periods of time; work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the outdoor elements;
● Ability to move heavy objects (50 pounds or more) with proper equipment and travel across rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces.
● Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities with/without reasonable accommodation to enable the employee to communicate effectively.
● Sufficient vision or other powers of observation to enable the employee to review a wide variety of materials and use tools.
● Sufficient manual dexterity to allow an employee to operate a variety of tools, computers, etc.
● Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone, and related equipment.
Pay will be commensurate with experience.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position and is subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of Live Oak Public Libraries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable someone with a qualifying disability to perform the essential functions of the position.