- 40,000 - 60,000
- Job category: HVAC Technician
- Post date:16 Sep 2021
- Share job:
Under direction, is responsible for scheduling and supervising assignments of subordinate technicians in the performance of maintenance and repair work on heating and air conditioning equipment. Working conditions are both indoors and outdoors, with some exposure to temperature extremes, dust, dirt, grease, and loud noises. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff.
- Performs inspections and supervises the maintenance and repair of heating and air conditioning equipment.
- Operates HVAC maintenance equipment to perform diagnosis of equipment and schedules repairs, frequently lifting and carrying equipment weighing 30 pounds.
- Performs diagnosis of equipment and schedules repairs.
- Maintains technical manual library, historical records, and blueprints line.
- Coordinates building and equipment modifications and prepares cost estimates.
- Reviews energy management reports and budget operating funds for recommendations.
- Prepares biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Participates in the hiring, disciplining, and termination of personnel.
- Maintains inventory of parts and tools.
- Operates automated control system in the absence of a trained operator.
- Trains employees on maintenance and repair procedures and standard safety practices.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or a regional accrediting agency). Advanced HVAC technical training is highly desirable.
- Five (5) years of full journey level experience in the HVAC trade, including working with large tonnage (3000) chill water plants, electrical and pneumatic control systems, water treatment, and boilers up to six million BTU’s. Supervisory experience highly desirable.
- Valid Class ‘C’ Texas Driver’s License.
- Must possess a Class “A” Air Conditioning/Refrigeration license from the State of Texas.
- One (1) year experience with Microsoft office.
- One (1) year experience with desktop computers.
- Familiar with City administrative directives.
- Experience with SAP/CRM work order systems.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience managing subordinate employees.
How to ApplyWebsite http://www.sanantonio.gov/HR/CareerCenter.aspx
Apply for this Job
- No Tags