Energy Engineer, HVAC
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- 80,000 - 100,000
- Job category: HVAC Engineer
- Post date:8 Oct 2015
- Share job:
Under the general direction of the Director of Energy Services, provide mechanical engineering for modifications and retrofits to campus HVAC and building service systems as part of the Ventilation Energy Conservation Program. Coordinate with Energy Services campus staff to provide engineering support for these projects. Establish design practices that implement energy conservation and sustainable design. Perform similar engineering tasks including approving engineering drawings for similar engineering projects as assigned.
Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1. Ability to analyze work tasks and establish priorities that reflect their relative importance.
2. Ability to delegate work tasks and follow through to ensure task completion.
3. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with subordinates peers, administrators, management and academia.
4. Ability to track, understand and analyze budgetary information and use that information in making decisions.
5. Ability to analyze complex data, distil its significance and convey the significance to others.
6. Ability to work independently and self-initiate projects and activities.
7. Ability to present technical information in written and graphical formats in a clear, concise and grammatically correct manner.
8. Ability to make oral group presentations to persuade others to accept a specific action or opinion and provide information to explain procedures and policies.
9. Detailed knowledge of HVAC principles, equipment and design practices.
10. Knowledge of construction methods related to HVAC repairs, retrofits and initial construction.
11. Knowledge of energy management practices and techniques, CCR-Title 24, sustainable design and construction practices, Cal/OSHA regulations and building codes related to HVAC.
12. Working knowledge of EPA/SCAQMD regulations related to emissions associated with HVAC operations.
13. Knowledge of contracting and contract processes.
14. Knowledge of common workplace ethical standards.
15. Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering: or equivalent combination of education and demonstrated experience.
16. Professional Engineering registration in the State of California preferred.
17. Certification as a LEED Accredited Professional preferred.
18. Possession of a valid California Driver’s License, and ability to drive a university vehicle in the course of performing job duties.
Additional Posting Information
How to ApplyDirectly online at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1444319012919
1310 total views, 1 today