This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
HVAC Field Engineer
- Midtown, NY, United States
- 60,000 - 80,000
- Job category: HVAC Engineer
- Post date:30 Oct 2023
- Share job:
- The HVAC Field Engineer is responsible for supervision and maintenance of all HVAC systems that Touro College operates. The HVAC Field Engineer evaluates service contracts, approves vendor invoices, monitors, tracks, and ensures performance of all required testing, local laws compliance and all city and state required inspections. In addition, the HVAC Field Engineer oversees the startup and shut down of both heating and air conditioning equipment and operations.
- This position will have authority to prioritize work and must be able to work independently while in the field and communicate and work closely with the Facilities Director. Other facilities projects may be assigned to meet the departments needs.
- Monitors all HVAC and BMS systems and their related components. Notifies the Director of all problems/issues.
- Monitors all HVAC project activity including schedules, spending, and related items to ensure timely and quality completion of assigned construction projects.
- Perform all work repairs and preventative maintenance, cleaning, and repairs that do not require a sub-contractor.
- Coordinate HVAC system preventative maintenance with internal staff and external venders.
- Respond to college employee, student, and guest complaints with an appropriate measure of courtesy and service.
- Instruct and supervise other facilities staff to ensure that each building manager is operating and maintaining their HVAC system and related components properly.
- Performs final reviews of mechanical plans on projects to include review of bid documents, review of bid procedures, review of vendor and subcontractor qualifications, review of final estimates labor and material takeoffs and related information.
- Reviews contractor and vendor invoices, ensures accurate billing, and approves for payment or negotiate appropriate changes.
- This position will represent this department and program areas at meetings conferences or civic organizations.
- Ensures the scheduled coordination of activities with internal and external vendors.
- Must have a complete working knowledge of mechanical systems and the required interface with Fire Alarm/Sprinkler systems.
- Responsible for all equipment permits/licenses are current at all locations.
- Associate Degree required.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the HVAC industry preferred.
- Experience with projects up to and including $50 million preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience operating BMS controls in multi floor facilities.
- NYC Q01 Certificate of Qualification for Refrigerating System Operating Engineer is preferred.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abiliities
- Strong analytical skills.
- Requires ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with frequent high levels of urgency or sensitivity.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues in a team environment.
- Must be a polished presenter.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, both written and oral, as well as a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings.
- Extensive use of computers.
- Extensive time sitting and standing.
- Work takes place in administrative offices as well as outside venues.
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Frequent Travel to local area including occasional evenings and Sundays.