- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- To be Determined
- Job category: HVAC Technician
- Post date:24 Apr 2018
- Share job:
The HVAC Technician will be responsible for diagnosis, maintenance, repairs, overhauls and operation of all electro/mechanical systems and equipment for commercial chiller and large tonnage HVAC systems. This includes HVAC and emergency equipment and controls, fan and blowers, This position is also responsible for troubleshooting of motors, fan coils, VAV’s heat exchangers, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air conditioning and pumps etc. for water and reciprocation, air cooled chillers; helical screws and centrifugal equipment.
• At the direction of supervisor, maintains equipment such as heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and hot water systems.
• Monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
• Receive and execute work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance on facility systems and building physical structure.
• Consult with supervisor to order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work.
• Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
• Complete logs and rounds of mechanical rooms and critical equipment.
• Follows all code requirements, safety regulations, and OSHA such as Lock Out/ Tag Out Policy; use of protective gear when required; adherence to the Confined Space Policy, etc.
• Adheres to the UCSC’s security guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling and use of equipment, tools, and sensitive information.
• Troubleshoot system failures and recommend and/or carry out corrective measures
• Perform periodic maintenance and calibration on system components
• Performing system database maintenance and back-up/restore functions as needed
• Technical guidance and direction to other mechanics
• Attend relevant workshops as necessary to maintain professional and technical knowledge, certifications, and licensure.
• Facilitates and attends relevant staff meetings to promote communication and execution of goals and objectives.
• Completes special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
• Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience in operations and maintenance of facility building systems. Strong background with HVAC, electrical, life safety systems, controls, mechanical, and plumbing/piping systems.
• Prefer experience on Trane, Carrier, York, Daikin, Climate Master, equipment as well as other various named brands
• Experience with Control Systems including Siemens, Honeywell, Andover, and Trane
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing HVAC systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Excellent customer relation skills
• 5+ years’ experience servicing both water and air cooled chiller system components; helical screws and centrifugal equipment
• Knowledge of chilled water applications
• Knowledge of Variable frequency drives
• Diagnose, Service, Troubleshoot & Repair
Experience, Education, and Licensure
Minimum Experience: 5 + years / 10,000 hours related work experience; strong experience with electrical and mechanical building systems is required. Experience working in healthcare facilities preferred but not required.
Minimum of 5 years commercial HVAC or heating boiler experience
Minimum Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent
Technical training of at least 800 hours
• 5 years of experience in heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
• Universal Refrigeration Licenses
• Reqs EPA R410A cert
• 2 Year Technical Degree preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk or hear. The employee will frequently climb stairs; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl.
2. Regular use of ladders and stools.
3. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
4. Operate related equipment and use necessary tools.
5. Specific vision abilities required by the job include frequent reading and close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional loud noises.
• Work is evenly split between indoors and outdoors with travel required to all UCSC locations.
• Work in or around scientific laboratories with limited indirect contact with toxic chemicals; work with cleaning and coolant chemicals.
• Position may require occasional trips to attend conferences seminars, and meetings.
• May require working non-traditional hours based on operational and/or seasonal needs.
We are an EEOC employer
How to Applyhttps://job-openings.monster.com/v2/job/apply?jobId=194531316
1386 total views, 4 today