- West Allis, Wisconsin, United States
- 40,000 - 60,000
- Job category: HVAC Technician
- Post date:15 Jan 2019
- Share job:
The School District of West Allis-West Milwaukee is currently seeking a HVAC Technician. This is a full time, 12-month position with benefits package available. The salary range is $55,000 to $63,000 and is based on qualifications.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR POSITION:
Applicants must be in good health and physical condition and must be able to climb and work at any reasonable height. Applicant must have a minimum of five year of experience in a Commercial HVAC occupation.
Applicant must have a 2-Year degree in HVAC field or 10 years of direct HVAC experience
Applicant must have the ability to remain calm and professional in the presence of staff, students or the public.
Applicant must have a valid unrestricted Wisconsin Motor Vehicle Operator’s license and shall maintain insurability.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
EPA Refrigerant – type1 and type2 certification
A current Stationary Engineer’s 2nd Class license
Performs skilled technical work in the maintenance, repair, replacement, and installation of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, controls and distribution systems and other duties as assigned. This position is approximately 65% mechanical/steamfitter work and 35% pneumatic/digital controls work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but not limited to:
• Ability to read, trace and follow mechanical drawings/blueprints in relation to actual building components
• Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a comfortable educational environment.
• Installs and repairs heating, air conditioning and refrigeration units, including chillers, boilers and heat pumps
• Troubleshoots malfunctioning heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems to determine the cause of the malfunction
• Operates computerized energy management systems for the purpose of setting up systems (e.g. time schedules, heating and cooling settings, pump operations, etc.) and troubleshooting system failures.
• Performs scheduled maintenance inspections, and adjusts, cleans and calibrates various systems to assure proper system operations
• Repairs wiring and electronic components associated with automated building management systems.
• Replaces expansion valves, compressors, motors, coil units and other refrigeration parts.
• Ability to evacuate and charge refrigeration systems, conserve, install and recycle CFC and HCFC (Chlorofluorocarbon family) refrigerants
• Troubleshoot and repairs direct digital and pneumatic control systems
• Checks distribution systems for proper velocity, volume, temperature, pressure, etc
• Performs maintenance on swimming pool related equipment; chemical feeders and controls, pumps and filters.
• Provides technical assistance with the design of HVAC systems including installations and modifications to existing systems
• Assists in training other technicians and staff in preventative maintenance of HVAC systems
• Works with computerized work order management system; prioritizing, tracking and in-putting information. Creating reports as directed.
• Prepares and submits requests for supplies and equipment
• HVAC mechanics may be (very rare) required to respond to emergencies on work nights, weekends and odd hours when repairs or emergency situations occur.
• Ability to prioritize and schedule the work orders assigned to you.
• Ability to collaborate with other district trades such as plumbing, electricians, fabricators and carpenters to execute multi-trade projects or emergencies.
• NOTE: The entire maintenance department including this position are required to report for salting and snow removal during the winter season. Typical reporting time is 3:00 am. This is a requirement of this position. Exceptions can be made for conflicts from vacations or family emergencies.
• Other duties may be assigned.
The West Allis-West Milwaukee School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, hiring and employment practices, admission policies, scholarship and grant programs, or athletic and other school administered programs.
How to ApplyApplicants MUST apply through WECAN. Job ID number: 50873 under Support Staff. https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/Vacancy/50873 A link to WECAN can also be found on our District website under Departments, Human Resources, Employment Opportunities.
454 total views, 4 today