This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
HVAC Technician’s Helper
- Glenview, IL, United States
- 20,000 - 40,000
- Job category: HVAC Technician
- Post date:15 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Pay rate is between $15 – $20 per hour
The specific duties for the Technicians’ Assistant include:
- Maintaining the shop in a clean and organized fashion.
- Noting the inventory levels of standard parts and informing the Service Manager when restocking is necessary.
- Picking up parts and supplies from vendors.
- Delivering equipment and parts to field employees (i.e.: service technicians and installers).
- Assisting field employees in completing work at customer sites.
- Responding to field employees’ telephone requests for technical information regarding manufacturers’ products, which may entail internet research.
Required skills include:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills, especially pertaining to customers
- Ability to perform internet research
- Valid State-issued driver’s license & have personal transportation
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. including parts and equipment
- Ability to work in various indoor and outdoor environments and weather conditions, able to climb ladders and onto roofs and to move through crawlspaces
- Proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- High school graduate
- Preferably HVAC tech school graduate or currently enrolled student
- Current EPA Section 608 Universal Certification