Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Mechanic- Level 1
- Newton, Massachusetts, United States
- Job category: HVAC Technician
- Post date:20 Aug 2019
- Job expires in: 2 days
- Share job:
The Master Tradesperson – HVAC is responsible for performing a variety of duties to install, maintain, inspect, operate and repair building HVAC and refrigeration systems, hot water systems and components; and all other related duties as required.
The duties listed below are intended to describe the essential functions of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities.
• Install, operate, adjust and inspect all building HVAC and refrigeration system components and auxiliary equipment (motors, controls, valves, cooling towers, dampers, regulators, gaskets, flanges, seals, pumps, draft fans, and compressors) to detect hazards, malfunctions, the need for adjustment and/or replacement.
• Maintain all buildings’ HVAC, refrigeration systems, auxiliary equipment and components such as cooling towers, pumps, and other related types of equipment.
• Repair or replace all buildings’ faulty HVAC, refrigeration equipment, motors, controls, valves, towers, dampers, regulators, gaskets, flanges, seals, pumps, draft fans and compressors, including deficiencies in related systems such as chilled water or condenser water loops.
• Work cooperatively with all staff and tradespeople.
• May operate an aerial bucket truck
• Assist with vendor deliveries
• Work from piping diagrams, schematics, blueprints, sketches and/or verbal instructions
• Report hazardous and unusual situations to the appropriate authority.
• Complete all work orders and requisitions in a timely manner, and properly process and return all completed work orders and requisitions.
• Maintain a clean work area and an adequate inventory of all shop supplies and equipment.
• Attend training sessions as required.
• May direct employees of a lower level as needed.
• Perform duties of lower classifications as required.
• Respond to emergency calls and perform a variety of maintenance and repair duties.
• Perform related duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
High School diploma or equivalent, plus 2 years of experience in a commercial or industrial setting working with HVAC systems; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Must pass a CORI check.
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION OR LICENSURE REQUIRED
Massachusetts HVAC Refrigeration Technician License
Federal Recovery License Universal Rating
Valid Driver’s License, with good driving record
Other Requirements of the Job:
• Broad knowledge of HVAC control systems in conjunction with appropriate service maintenance contracts and/or other control systems contractors.
• Must complete and pass a Lead Paint Certification course provided by the College within one year of employment.
• Required to possess sheet metal license in accordance with relevant statutes.
• May be required to use computers, radios, and other technological tools in the course of performing duties.
• Must be familiar with the operation of all standard mechanical system configurations, i.e., VAV, constant volume with or without reheat, etc.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, including but not limited to all staff, administration and students.
• Ability to work independently and be able to make sound, independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
• General knowledge of the Colleges’ mission, purpose and goals and the role of their position in achieving those goals.
• Ability to understand and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing the department.
• Ability to follow detailed oral/written instructions.
• Ability to use all equipment and tools related to the HVAC trade.
• General knowledge of OSHA regulations.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships and deal tactfully with others.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS
May be required to lift/push/pull heavy objects; subject to mechanical/chemical hazards and inclement weather/temperature extremes; work above ground level and in cramped positions; wear protective clothing. Average visual effort is required.
•Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously to perform duties.
•Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move heavy objects.
•Ability to climb and work on ladders.
•Ability to walk up and down stairs.
•Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling and walking significant distances between and within college buildings.
•Ability to perform duties in confined spaces, including equipment and attic spaces.
•Ability to perform duties in extreme temperature ranges and weather conditions.
•Sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to operate hand tools and power tools.
Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to weather extremes, fumes, odors and/or noise.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.
How to ApplyPlease submit your Name, Email, and Resume using the forms below: https://lasell.formstack.com/forms/heating_ventilating_and_air_conditioning_mechanic_hvac_level_1
314 total views, 12 today