- Tempe, AZ, United States
- To be Determined
- Job category: HVAC Estimator
- Post date:23 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 21 days
- Share job:
Description: As part of the design team, you will be tasked with quoting, submitting, and releasing custom air moving equipment to production. The design team takes information from the sales team and turns it into technical data that is utilized throughout the production process. The design team is also tasked with tracking the progress of jobs throughout the production process and assist with any technical issues that occur.
- Using computer selection programs for component selection and sizing, produce quotations for custom built AHUs.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering team members, and work with our vendors and contractors
- Review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using internal processes and procedures to create submittal documentation
- Perform engineering calculations for HVAC component integration
- Track the progress of projects from quote through completion
- Coordinating unit construction during the production process through collaborative effort with Sales and the Customer
- Ensure project timeline is met and project stays within budget
- Mechanical background
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering Specifications
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced working environment
- Organized and able to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Numerically competent
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Spatial judgement and ability to visualize 3D objects from 2D drawings
- Continual learner that is naturally curious and likes solving problems
Preferred Education & Experience Required:
- Mechanical engineering education, or experience, is a plus
- Experience in HVAC systems, field experience is a plus
- Ability to read and understand the psychrometric chart
- Experience using a drawing program (Sketch Up, AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
We are creative and innovative yet highly disciplined. We believe there is great personal satisfaction in dedication and hard work. Our values are the core of who we are and what we do on a daily basis.
Only candidates meeting position requirements will be considered and contacted.
Substance abuse test required prior to employment.
We use E-Verify. United Metal Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Competitive salary
- Company-wide Bonus program
- 401k savings plan with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical benefits with option for dental