- Kansas City, Missouri, United States
- 40,000 - 60,000
- Job category: HVAC Technician
- Post date:27 Apr 2023
- Share job:
The job of HVAC Technician II is done for the purpose/s of providing HVAC services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading HVAC systems and equipment; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site.
This job reports to the Lead HVAC Technician and Operations Manager.
Long-Term Disability Insurance
11 Paid Sick Days a Year
6 Personal Business Days a Year
10 Vacation Days a Year, increasing with longevity up to 20 Days a Year
Other optional benefits can be selected such as retirement investment accounts, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, and short term disability.
- Coordinates with assigned lead and/or supervisor and other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
- Installs heating and air conditioning equipment and systems for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
- Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Monitors HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Oversees contract work for the purpose of ensuring contract terms are fulfilled and work standards are met.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs maintenance on HVAC units for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a comfortable work environment.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in the installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC equipment; planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and handling hazardous materials.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: indoor air monitoring equipment and interpret resulting data; standards for design and construction; air conditioning and heating codes; and hazards and safety precautions.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and utilize equipment under a variety of conditions for multiple purposes. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with similar types of data; and utilize a wide variety of types of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate to significant. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; working with constant interruptions; and displaying mechanical aptitude.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized routines; providing information and/or advising others; operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, frequent climbing and balancing, significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience Job related experience within a specialized field is required.
Education Community college and/or vocational school degree with study in job-related area.
|Physical Capacity Assessment
|Driver’s License & Evidence of Insurability
Journey Level Certificate
|Maintains Certificates and/or Licenses
|Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance