- To be Determined
- Job category: HVAC Technician
- Post date:12 Mar 2021
- Share job:
NOW HIRING HVAC MECHANICS ASAP! GEORGIA/KENTUCKY/NORTH CAROLINA CALIFORNIA!!
HVAC Mechanics perform maintenance, servicing, and repair of refrigerant-containing equipment/systems to all required specifications. HVAC Mechanics shall have at least four years of journeyman level experience (obtained within the last seven years) in the field of maintenance, repair and operation of buildings such as: air conditioning equipment mechanic, refrigeration equipment mechanic, Operating Engineer, HVAC control systems mechanic, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Installs, services and repairs environmental-control systems in residences, office buildings, and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout.
- Must have journeyman level knowledge and full capability to repair and service all ranges of package units, split systems, and chiller systems.
- Must have knowledge and full capability to repair and service all ranges of boiler systems.
- Mounts compressors and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications.
- Fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
- Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using hand tools.
- Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools.
- Joints tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
- Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating
- ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
Installs air and water filters in completed installation.
- Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to tests systems and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
- Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation.
- Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap and water solution.
- Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician’s hand tools and test equipment.
- Other maintenance-related duties or similar assignments required by the company may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION:
Must possess at least 4 years of recent (within the past 7 years) HVAC experience on equipment and systems comparable in complexity to systems covered by this contract. Candidates should also have a Universal EPA
Certification and no less than a High School diploma or equivalent.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
How to ApplyVisit www.kinggeorge.us and click "Careers" tab. Click "search for jobs" and view all positions we have available!
Apply for this Job
- No Tags