- Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
- Job category: HVAC Technician
- Post date:24 Aug 2021
- Share job:
The HVAC Mechanic Maintain buildings, facilities and utilities associated with a multiple type complex (commercial/multi-residential and academic). Install, repair, replace and perform major upkeep of equipment and fixtures associated with heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration in this multiple type commercial/multi-residential and academic facility. Perform cleaning and maintenance as required. Performance of maintenance tasks in all other trades as situation requires or as directed. Assist other trades, grounds personnel and housekeeping personnel with task completion when assigned. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Lead and direct the work of others when assigned.
Physical Work Conditions:
- Work inside and outside.
- May be exposed to hazards from use of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and power equipment.
- May be exposed to toxic chemicals and gases.
- Performing General Physical Activities — Performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Handling and Moving Objects — uses hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials and work tools.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and others in written form or in person. Maintains a positive attitude in dealings with others.
- Getting Information — Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
- Controlling Machines and Processes — Uses either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working as an HVAC mechanic required.
- Verifiable previous experience to indicate the ability to perform the work required.
- A NYS driver’s license, with no serious convictions is required.
- Experience working at journeyman level.
- Experience providing project lead supervision.
- Availability to work overtime in the case of heavy workloads or emergencies is required
- HVAC/R EPA 608 universal certification is required. Including 410A certification.
- A thorough understanding of HVAC codes is required.
- Knowledge of proper use and safety requirements of shop, hand and power tools is required.
- The ability to layout and set up material lists for installations or renovations is required.
- Ability to work from blueprints, shop drawings, schematics and verbal explanations is required.
- The ability to work from prints and diagrams involving.
- Proficiency with the use of a personal computer, including web browsing, word processing and general knowledge of Microsoft Windows latest operating system is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working at the journeyman level.
- Experience providing project lead supervision.
- Experience working with medium voltage electrical equipment and controls as well as high voltage transformers installation and equipment.
- Knowledge of the repair, replacement and major upkeep of materials and fixtures connected with HVAC equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of repair, installation, and preventive maintenance associated with air handling units, air conditioning, heat pumps, ice machines, refrigerators, hot water heaters, heat exchangers, pumps, circulator, and exhaust fans required.
- Knowledge of DDC controls and facilities automation systems.
- Knowledge of electricity, pneumatics, electrical controls, heating plans, and cooling systems is required.
- The ability to repair and install components (motor controls, HVAC controls, etc.), from schematics is required.
- Trunk Strength — the ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
- Extent Flexibility — the ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move hand, hand together with arm, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or move objects.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Static Strength — the ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Near Vision — the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 75 lbs.
- Must be able to perform repeated bending, squatting, stooping, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to stand and walk for a prolonged period of time without fatiguing.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to work from an aerial bucket.
- Knowledge of IT data center installations and operations preferred.
- A New York State CDL “B” driver’s license.
- Experience with lighting system digital controls.
- Experience with building system digital controls.
- The ability to overhaul sewage pumps, hot water circulators, flush valves, shower valves, and lavatory faucets is preferred.
- Periodically inspects HVAC controls and controllers;
- Installs ballasts, fixtures, fluorescent tubes, bulbs and any other materials involved in the lighting needs of the College;
- Maintains an inventory of the materials needed for the HVAC upkeep of the facilities;
- Maintains daily work logs and records of tools assigned;
- Responsible for upkeep of all tools;
- Conducts weekly inspections and periodic overhauls of equipment connected with HVAC;
- Assists other mechanics whenever special electrical needs are required;
- Place orders for necessary components needed to complete tasks accurately and conforming to inventory control procedures.
- Maintains campus lighting system;
- Maintains batteries for emergency lighting systems;
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment;
- May lead and direct the work of others;
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks;
- Maintain all Marist owed equipment assigned to the employee.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment daily.
- Conform to all federal, state, and local regulatory agencies with regard to codes i.e.: EPA, OSHA, ASTM, ADA, NEC, UL, ASME, ISA, AMSI and Marist mandated policies.
- Provide project coordination as necessary to insure the efficient and effective completion of projects.
- Provide additional multifaceted support to other trades as necessary to insure timely, efficient and effective completion of assignments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Screw drivers, pliers, diagonal cutters, wrenches, saws, all types of hammers and all other types of hand operated tools
- Power tools, drills, drivers, saws, impact wrenches hammer drills and other power tools related to the construction, maintenance or repair of facilities
- Conduit benders and pipe threading machines
- Table saw, chop saw, drill press, and similar equipment
- Electrical meters and testing equipment
- Demolition saws and equipment
- Vacuum cleaners
- Vacuum pumps
- Mops and brooms
Required Application Documents:
Cover Letter, Resume, & Three Professional References.
About Marist College:
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about
Equal Employment Statement:
Marist College is committed to creating a diverse workforce on our campus by ensuring that barriers to equal employment opportunity and upward mobility do not exist here. To this end, the College will strive to achieve the full and fair participation of minorities, women, people with disabilities, and any other protected groups found to be under-represented.
Equal opportunity means employment, development, and promotion of individuals without consideration of race, color, disability, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status unless there is a bona fide occupational requirement which excludes persons in one of these protected groups. The College will review its employment policies and procedures to ensure that barriers which may unnecessarily exclude protected groups are identified and eliminated. The College will also explore alternative approaches if any policy or practice is found to have a negative impact on protected groups.
Marist’s policy of non-discrimination includes not only employment practices but also extends to all services and programs provided by the College. It shall be considered a violation of College policy for any member of the community to discriminate against any individual or group with respect to employment or attendance at Marist College on the basis of race, color, disability, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other condition established by law.
How to ApplyTo Apply: http://careers.marist.edu/cw/en-us/job/493031/hvacmechanic-i
Apply for this Job
- No Tags