- Orlando, FL, United States
- 60,000 - 80,000
- Job category: HVAC Technician
- Post date:31 Mar 2022
- Share job:
Description: Responsible for providing customers with superior service and innovative solutions to achieve total customer satisfaction.
Sign On Bonus after 90 days $5,000
Relocation Assistance: $2,500 for out of state qualified commercial service tech
Skills & Responsibilities of HVAC Service Technician:
- Service and repair industrial and commercial air-conditioning systems according to engineering specifications, using demonstrated knowledge of refrigeration, waterside hydronic systems and airside theory.
- Capable of servicing/working on centrifugal, screw, scroll and reciprocating chillers, package units, split systems, refrigeration equipment and factory mounted micro-processor-based control systems.
- Troubleshooting of building systems
- Mechanical service work including pumps, fans, VAV boxes,
- Provide service-related information to Service Managers regarding estimates, problems, and customer feedback.
- Provide technical support and accurate paperwork to Service Managers and Service Administrators and Coordinators
- Central Florida service area.
- Valid drivers license
Education and/or Experience Required fr HVAC Service Technician:
- Minimum of 5 years experience servicing air conditioning/chillers and refrigeration products of two or more major manufacturers, including completion of apprentice program, technical or trade school and experience and certification as journeyman refrigeration or air conditioning mechanic or technician; electronics/electrical background or experience with microprocessor-based control systems is a plus.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb stairs and ladders. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Reports To: Service Supervisor
Normal Hours: Monday-Friday 7AM-4PM plus Overtime (after 8hrs per day) and On-Call paid stand by time
Union/Non-Union:Non-Union but, if you are a UA union guy and tired of paying union dues or worried about your unfunded union pensions then, get ready to file a withdrawal from your local union if you want to work for the best former union shop in Orlando…We’ll treat you right, pay you more and give you better benefits.
Pay: $25-$35/hr for qualified applicants
Benefits: Medical(Florida Blue) after 90 days, 401K after 1 year, accrue 1 day of month of flex time and 2 paid holidays, 1.5 days a month of flex time after 5 years + Rolex watch, bonus at 10 years, another paid holiday years 11-14, bonus at 15 years and 1 month paid sabbatical leave at 20 years.
Contact Information: Due to the amount of applications received, only those applicants that reference the position they are applying for and who appear to best meet the stated qualifications will be considered.
Reply: *For more information, visit the www.stsi-fla.com Home Page and email or Fax your resume to (407)682-9882.
Candidates will be considered only for the position(s) for which they apply, and must submit a new resume to apply for future positions. Only candidates meeting position requirements will be considered and contacted. System Tech Services Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, disability, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other legally protected classification. System Tech Services Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Application QuestionsYou have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of HVAC experience do you have?
- How many years of hvac service experience do you have?
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour’
- Only full-time employees eligible
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma