Sr. Engineering Manager Mechanical, Gap Inc.
- San Francisco, California, United States
- 80,000 - 100,000
As a Sr. Engineering Manager you will have an exciting opportunity to be a leader in establishing requirements for MEP design and construction in Gap’s North American fleet. You will be the technical expert representing the engineering field, partnering with architecture, construction and maintenance. In this position you will work with both internal and external groups gaining valuable exposure to many aspects of the business.
• Responsible for A&E consultant performance through mentoring and managing drawing quality, schedule and cost.
• Utilizes industry best practice standards to establish benchmarks for design and construction processes ensuring solid engineering design concepts and conformance with Gap Inc. and industry standards.
• Partners with Architectural Sr. Manager counterpart to clearly understand project scope and schedule actively operating as a team in conjunction with consultants, procurement and construction teams.
• Prepares thorough tenant criteria and lease review driving for clarity with Real Estate before developing the scope of work documents for consultants.
• Fields scope and design questions from engineering consultants commenting on project specific schematic design, design development and 100% construction documents.
• Manages requests for information coordinating with business partners to efficiently determine and communicate the most practical solutions.
• Partners with Construction Sr. Managers to review and resolve design and construction concerns.
• Performs MEP site visits as needed for high profile and problem projects.
• Provides engineering technical and troubleshooting assistance for Maintenance, Facility Services, Store Operations and Real Estate.
• Contributes to the success of the department through ongoing development and participation.
• Conducts engineering consultant training and development to meet quality needs.
• Manages updates to engineering templates/prototypes and design standards.
• Develops and drives cost reduction and energy efficiency initiatives.
• Understands the global business objectives and business relationships.
Manages business partner expectations effectively through timely and appropriate communication channels and methods.
• Provides project coverage for others during their absences from office.
• Assists in departmental strategies for evaluating, training, scheduling, and managing staff effectively.
• Active Mechanical or Electrical Professional Engineering License.
• 5 years minimum field experience inspecting HVAC systems, controls, electrical and plumbing installations.
• 8 years minimum HVAC design experience in retail, commercial, or government industries.
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving construction knowledge with thorough understanding of construction sequencing and building codes.
• Self-starter capable of operating with little supervision in a rapidly changing, multi-project environment.
• Results oriented and able to manage varying scopes concurrently and effectively while managing expectations in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
• Logical, methodical and intuitive thinker with ability to independently develop and administer action plans in response to immediate, long range, and/or complex problems.
• Confidence in communicating with all levels of management with excellent presentation, organizational, motivation, and team building skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Carrier and Trane HVAC software.
• Must be able to travel as needed for high profile or problem projects both domestically and internationally.
• Retail roll-out with managing/mentoring experience preferred.
• Bi-lingual in English/Spanish beneficial
• Global experience beneficial