- Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
- Job category: HVAC Installer
- Post date:5 Apr 2021
- Job expires in: 20 days
- Share job:
Brandeis University is a medium-sized private research university dedicated to first-rate undergraduate education while making groundbreaking discoveries. Our 235-acre campus is located in the suburbs of Boston, a global hub for higher education and innovation.
This position installs, troubleshoots and repairs a variety of heating, cooling and – ventilating equipment involving work, of diverse nature with minimum supervision. Must have a good knowledge of building temperature control systems and experience in preventative maintenance procedures.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and repair a variety of refrigeration equipment such as centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, steam absorption units, air compressors, fan coil units, fan units, pumps, cooling towers and related piping.
- Install and maintain pneumatic and electric control systems associated with HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
- Work from piping diagrams, schematics, blueprints and sketches to plan, layout and troubleshoot HVAC systems.
- Keep records, write reports and determine materials to be used and quantities needed. Utilize a variety of tools and instruments associated with the trade.
- Must observe safety regulations and be familiar with OSHA and EPA requirements. Must clean work area and maintain tools and equipment.
- Must be experienced in brazing and silver soldering. May direct and train lower-rated helpers.
- Must work on ladders, scaffolds and in pits.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive cooperative working relationship with supervisors, fellow workers, department heads and other members of the campus community.
- Ability to work in an environment subject to frequently changing priorities and time deadlines
- Read, write, understand and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
- .Ability to manually lift up to 60 pounds. Heavier material or equipment is lifted using other methods.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and drive assigned University vehicle.
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts State Refrigeration License with at least four years applicable experience.
- Must possess a valid EPA-issued Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certificate (Universal type).
- Must be a high school or trade school graduate with additional courses in refrigeration and air conditioning installation and repair.