- West Allis, Wisconsin, United States
- Job category: Plumber
- Post date:15 Jan 2019
- Share job:
The School District of West Allis-West Milwaukee is currently seeking a full time plumber. This is a 12-month position with an hourly rate of $30.25 per hour.
The job of maintenance plumber is to maintain; plumbing systems to provide comfort, sanitation and safety within facilities; meet appropriate trade related accessibility codes for students, staff and the community; domestic water systems, and swimming pools to meet health codes; meet all other building safety and health codes; and ensure adequate materials are available for timely completion of jobs and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following but not limited to:
• Repair or replace existing valves, fittings and piping systems by measuring, cutting, threading and bending piping that carries water, steam, waste, air and gas; weld, braze, caulk, solder or thread joints and fittings;
• Install, replace or repair plumbing fixtures and plumbing related equipment.
• Replace, repair and maintain water heaters, radiators and circulating pumps.
• Investigate reports of malfunctioning of systems and fixtures, recommend needed repairs and/or replacements noted in the course of performing plumbing maintenance duties;
• Cleans waste water lines, sumps, sanitary lines and grease traps at fixtures and in outside laterals for the purpose of ensuring the waste water doesn’t back up.
• Must be able to thread, braze, solder, weld, lead for the purpose of completing plumbing jobs.
• Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
• Designs new plumbing systems for the purpose of ensuring systems operate in a safe condition and all local and state code are followed.
• Diagnoses problems and/or failures in plumbing/fire sprinkler systems for the purpose of identifying activities necessary to maintain equipment and systems.
• Informs appropriate personnel of plumbing code violations for the purpose of ensuring repairs are made to meet established requirements.
• Installs and repairs plumbing systems and fixtures (e.g. natural gas lines; hot water heaters, drinking fountains, pumps, faucets, valves, garbage disposals, etc.) for the purpose of providing comfort, sanitation and safety within facilities.
• Installs, tests and repairs back flow prevention devices for the purpose of ensuring potable water lines are in compliance with local and state regulations.
• Interprets plans, blueprints and sketches for the purpose of determining what is needed to correctly complete the job.
• Prepares documentation (e.g. back flow prevention tests, water tests, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
• Renovates plumbing systems (e.g. water lines, heaters, etc.) for the purpose of complying with building codes and meeting accessibility/functionality requirements of students, staff and the public.
• Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
• Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
• Transports various items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
• Works with computerized work order management system; prioritizing, tracking and in-putting information. Creating reports as directed.
• Prepares and submits requests for supplies and equipment
• Plumbers are required to work nights, weekends and odd hours when repair or emergency situations occur.
• This position will also perform truck driving and snowplowing.
• Other duties may be assigned.
The West Allis-West Milwaukee School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, hiring and employment practices, admission policies, scholarship and grant programs, or athletic and other school administered programs.
How to ApplyApplicants MUST apply through WECAN. The job ID is:40932 https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/Vacancy/40932. A link to WECAN can also be found on our website by going to Departments, Human Resources, Employment Opportunities.
666 total views, 1 today