- San Rafael, California, United States
- To be Determined
- Job category: HVAC Technician
- Post date:7 Feb 2019
- Share job:
Guide Dogs for the Blind, located in beautiful San Rafael, CA, has an incredible opportunity for a full time HVAC Technician on our Facilities team. If you are someone who thrives in a mission-driven and community-oriented environment, this could be the position for you!
The HVAC Technician is responsible for maintenance, supervision and scheduling of Guide Dogs for the Blind campus (CA) HVAC systems. Work closely with the Facilities team as the primary HVAC professional; aiding other team members on projects as the HVAC schedule allows. Other responsibilities include:
• Prioritize, schedule, and oversee maintenance work and repairs of all HVAC systems of buildings, both exterior and interior. Responsible for servicing HVAC products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Analyze, plan, and perform preventive maintenance of HVAC systems.
• Plan shutdowns for maintenance and repair pumps including chill water, heating water and condensation pumps.
• Perform site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
• Investigate problems and perform repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
• Monitor quality and performance of services provided under maintenance contracts; evaluate contractual relationships annually.
• Document work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files.
• Maintain maintenance records as required by City, State, and EPA regulations.
• Estimate and perform HVAC cost analysis and project comparisons.
• Order and maintain parts needed to repair and maintain HVAC Equipment.
• Coordinate project implementation for both in-house and contracted HVAC projects.
• Coordinate procurement of necessary HVAC supplies, parts and tools and other materials.
• Provide input on annual HVAC budget needs. Maintain customer service standards for the department.
• Adhere to GDB safety policies and procedures and ensure others do the same. Promptly report incidents and accidents according to campus procedures.
• Undertake other duties as assigned.
• Performs a variety of advanced-level work in one or more of the trades, such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, as they pertain to HVAC repair and maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience overseeing maintenance functions of commercial HVAC equipment, in addition to:
• Ability to adapt easily to changing situations and priorities.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think creatively to achieve solutions.
• Trade-level knowledge of plumbing, electrical, wood-working and metal work as well as common power tools as they pertain to HVAC systems preferred. Able to read electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured at regular risk rates.
• Ability to organize work and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge and experience with refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging, and installation and sizing of refrigerant piping.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) & Access software; experience using HMI/HVAC software programs preferred.
• Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Excellent organizational skills as well as ability to understand and instruct technical information.
• Provide excellent customer service and work collaboratively with all constituents, including staff, volunteers, vendors, and campus visitors.
• Ability to lift up to 65 lbs.*
• EPA Certified, NATE certification a plus.
• Knowledge of Advanced heat and cooling load/loss calculations.
• Able to stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend, reach, climb ladders, and work on rooftops for extended periods of time.
*=Lifting, carrying, or moving of anything – whether animal or object – weighing over 40 lbs. must be accomplished by utilizing two people (except in situations where there’s no reasonable alternative available).
How to ApplyAPPLY NOW: This is a full-time, non-exempt opportunity offering an attractive and competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience will be offered to the right candidate. Apply online at www.guidedogs.com/careers. Can't access our online application for employment? Send us your cover letter and resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer
- No Tags
423 total views, 1 today