- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Job category: HVAC Technician
- Post date:24 Jun 2020
- Job expires in: 10 days
- Share job:
Lakeside School, an independent coeducational day school located in North Seattle, is currently recruiting for a HVAC technician to join our maintenance team. This position will work with the facilities director on Lakeside School deferred maintenance program for HVAC equipment located on both the upper school and middle school campuses including over 20 rental properties. The work schedule is comprised of 40 hours per week, five consecutive days. Actual start and stop times will be determined in coordination with the Facilities Director. This position is represented by a Collective Bargained Unit.
1. Maintain heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
2. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC issues.
3. Meet with HVAC engineers, school staff, vendors and contactors to assist in planning for HVAC installations, remodels and maintenance of existing systems.
4. Interpret plans and specifications to maintain, repair, install and inspect HVAC systems.
5. Maintain records of completed work, cost of materials, and time spent on each job. Ensure the safety of installations, repairs and compliance with codes.
6. Repair, maintain and troubleshoot refrigeration equipment.
7. Maintain all aspects of building energy management control systems at all sites.
8. Accept and complete work as assigned, as well as being willing to accept other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. HVAC certification preferred.
2. Journeyman level experience required.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and education of gas and oil fired boilers, gas and electric furnaces, heat pumps, unit-ventilators, refrigeration, circulating pumps, pneumatic controls, air handling units, and other HVAC equipment.
4. General knowledge of JCI, Allerton, Metasys, Siemens and related controls and energy management systems.
5. Possess a current and valid Washington State Driver’s license, good driving record and be able to operate school vehicles.
6. Successfully pass national and state background checks.
7. Demonstrated cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the cultural lenses they bring to interactions. The candidate will understand different perspectives; interact respectfully with cultures other than their own; and cultivate meaningful relationships with people that have different cultural frameworks.
8. Ability to work and communicate cooperatively with co-workers, staff and contractors.
9. Ability to work independently and ask for assistance when necessary.
10. Attend required meetings and adhere to Lakeside School policies at all times.
11. As stated in the Lakeside School Statement of Community Expectations, demonstrate strong personal integrity, trustworthiness, responsibility and accountability.
12. Establish membership with SEIU Local 6.
This position will require standing/sitting, walking to other parts of campus, and occasional travel in addition to:
1. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 80 pounds.
2. Physical strength, agility and endurance to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time.
3. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and available for call outs on evenings and weekends.
4. Climb ladders and operate heavy machinery.
5. Bend, crouch, and maneuver body in tight, cramped quarters.
6. Twist body at 45 degree angles.
7. Wear personal protective and safety gear when appropriate.
8. Exposure to cleaning agents and chemicals, dust and other environmental conditions.
9. Ability to walk between upper and middle school campuses which are approximately three city blocks apart.
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers page on the Lakeside School website.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyPlease submit your online application using this link: https://www.applitrack.com/lakesideschool/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?all=1&AppliTrackJobId=1466
256 total views, 1 today